Food Is Free Washington
AARP FIG Sponsorships
Thank you AARP!
AARP has generously agreed to sponsor the installation of up to 40 garden beds at 20 sites within the Tacoma city limits!
What are the requirements?
The only requirements to qualify for this sponsorship are:
- The location for the gardens must be within the Tacoma city limits
- The person applying must be 50 years of age or over
- The property must comply with City of Tacoma guidelines for right of way raised bed installation – sufficient width and distance from roadway, etc. From street curb to sidewalk needs to be 8 feet deep and 30 feet wide.
You can apply for a set of two garden beds to be installed at no charge, streetside at your address.
- Garden beds are 12 feet long, 4 feet wide, and 2 feet high.
- Garden beds will be filled with TAGRO potting mix.
- Recipients will be able to choose from 5 different planting plans.
- Recipients will be responsible for watering the gardens daily.
- Weeding and maintenance will be performed by FIFW staff once weekly on average.
- Harvesting, collection, and distribution will be performed by FIFW staff when the harvest is ready.
- Garden owner will receive 30% of the harvest
We will be accepting applications until midnight on Saturday, October 30, 2021, and contacting recipients of the sponsorships after that.
Sorry! This program is closed.
Thank you for your interest in the AARP FIG Sponsorship Program!
Applications have been closed and all sponsorships have been chosen.
Sign up for updates below and we’ll be sure to let you know of upcoming programs!